Software Development EngineerPosted on December 11th
Are you looking for a healthy work environment and the ability to work from home?
Are you passionate about delivering great consumer and customer experiences using modern cloud technology and collaborative problem solving? Do you enjoy a healthy team environment that supports continuous learning and iterative development? We love cognitive diversity because it helps us deliver ideal outcomes for customers. One of the primary reasons we harmonize and trust one another is because we’re aligned on a positive, growth-mindset.
If you love working with a team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it; if you seek a fun work life that fosters an environment of professional and personal growth while celebrating people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities; we want to meet you.
We are a group of distributed systems engineers committed to learning, growing, and getting better every day. As a Software Engineer at iStreamPlanet, you will build and operate a platform which delivers the core of our business: media delivery. We use data to solve problems, work with customers to deliver and evolve media standards, believe in operational ownership, and drive continuous improvement.
- Create, deploy, and maintain new end-to-end platform features, from inception to design to implementation to operational support
- Partner with Product Owners/Program Managers and business stakeholders to offer the most appropriate technical solution to customer requirements
- Recommend alternative solutions when a proposal is not technically feasible, cost-effective, or impractical in the desired timeframe
- Develop loosely-coupled, RESTful service-oriented architectures with a bias for simple, elegant solutions
- Analyze iStreamPlanet’s systems, process, and infrastructure to understand the underlying driver of high availability and lead the assessment of all failures to determine root causes and fixes
- Advocate and drive improvement of the team's agile development processes
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Nurture and maintain a culture of peer accountability where the customer, compassion and team development are the focus
- A love for learning; disdain for complacency
- 5-8 years of customer-facing distributed systems experience
- Full stack knowledge and willingness to work beyond comfort zone
- Strong understanding of Python or Go and/or one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. C/C++/C#/Java/TypeScript)
- Demonstrated knowledge with configuring, deploying, scaling, and troubleshooting large scale services in distributed cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Linux and Open Source Software
- Experience with container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. ECS/EKS, Kubernetes)
- Focus on personal and team growth that fosters camaraderie
- Flexible work hours and work from home options
- Accessible and transparent leadership team
- Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous parental leave
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Who We Are
iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one-stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.