Communications ManagerPosted on December 30th
Mapillary is on a mission to automate and scale mapping. We help companies, people, cities, and cars to understand the world’s places through street-level imagery and computer vision. By taking a collaborative approach and allowing anyone to access data for better maps through computer vision, Mapillary has become the world’s fastest-growing dataset of street-level imagery that’s available to anyone, and helps to improve maps everywhere.
We are now looking for a remarkable Communications Manager to join our growing marketing team. This role reports directly to our Head of Marketing and will work closely with C-level spokespeople as the marketing team plans and executes global PR strategies that support Mapillary’s growth.
Because maps are present pretty much everywhere, we target a range of industries. Our main target audiences are mapping/tech, GIS, automotive, cities, and computer vision. We don’t expect that you have worked across all these industries before, but the successful candidate will be willing and excited to learn how to work across the different segments.
In this role, you will:
- Build and execute meaningful PR campaigns about why better maps are needed across different industries and how street-level imagery, and specifically Mapillary, can help
- Develop and own media assets such as messaging documents, briefing material, case studies, and supporting visuals
- Own our conference and awards programme
- Manage relationships with journalists and other influencers
- Help maintain the Mapillary press office
- Develop content for Mapillary’s social media and other digital channels when needed
- Manage some third party suppliers when needed
- Assist in the planning of Mapillary’s global PR strategy
- Travel to high-profile events to prepare and support our spokespeople for speaking to the media
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- An equity package
- Flexible work—you decide when and how you work
- An open and friendly work environment where you get to work with people who push the boundaries of what’s possible in mapmaking and computer vision
- You have 2-3 years worth of demonstrable experience, working either in-house or at an agency
- You’re a great writer with impeccable English. You know the difference between crafting a tweet and a press release and you can do both.
- You’re comfortable owning relationships with journalists and you know what makes them tick
- You’re a confident doer, and you’re not scared of asking questions when something is unclear
- You’re a flexible team player who isn’t afraid to share learnings and help your team members to grow
We're a remote-first company—you can apply to this position from anywhere in the world. For this position, however, we want you to have an extensive network of relevant journalists in at least one of the segments we target (tech/GIS/automotive) in either the US or the UK.