Frontend EngineerPosted on January 4th
Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management or Excel.
Why this role?
- Celebrate the generalist: With a small team of generalists (or "architects") with diverse backgrounds, you'll be able to deploy your frontend superpowers to drive on new ideas, experiment and ship to production.
- Create a tool that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning...we have big ambitions to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
- Work with some of the best product people in the world: From working with companies like IDEO, Google X, and Figma, we're a team of highly technical product folks with a strong design background. You will be doing some of the best work of your life.
So, what will you do at Monograph as a frontend engineer?
Day-to-day you’ll be working closely with Alex our head of product, Mark our lead engineer, and Moe our creative director.
- Contribute to product brainstorms: You’ll whiteboard ideas with the team, provide and receive feedback, and iterate concepts, designs and interactions.
- Prototype ideas: You’ll sketch and prototype ideas to understand viability, time needed to execute and user experience.
- Ship lots of code: You’ll help translate feature requests and user experience issues into shippable designs and code.
- Build and evolve our design system: You'll continue to grow and improve our existing design system by extending components and adding new ones to our library.
What skills do you need?
- Motivation to think and learn independently; you’ll often be expected to test, research and/or prototype an answer to a question before bringing it up to the team.
- Strong ability to think in systems, understanding that our product is an interconnected organization of components that perform both discrete and global functions.
- Some familiarity designing UI systems, dashboards and/or digital products.
- Willingness to take on responsibility. As part of a small team you’ll be given significant autonomy and the opportunity to take on more leadership as the project grows.
- Attention to detail.
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Architecture familiarity
- Sunny disposition
What benefits can you expect?
- 4-day work week (32hrs)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
- Friday company lunch and happy hour
- Dog-friendly office
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
This role is full-time and based on-site in San Francisco. Being an early stage company, we want everyone in the office to help work on complex product problems. We also really enjoy hanging out with one another and hope you will too!
Will you help me to relocate?
Definitely! If you're based elsewhere in the U.S., we'll help you move to San Francisco and cover relocation costs.
What is the company culture like?
Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us about our company culture—read about it on her website Key Values.
What efforts are you making in terms of increasing diversity & inclusion within your company?
With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance (32hrs/week), knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job.
Sounds like a good fit? Email us at [email protected] with "Frontend Engineer" in the subject line, and any links that best show the projects you've built, e.g. your side projects, portfolio, LinkedIn, Github, etc.