Product Operations ManagerPosted on January 5th
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, the ultra-resilient SQL database for global businesses. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We are looking for a Product Operations Manager to join the Product team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will work closely with the Chief Product Officer to streamline the product development process. You will do this by identifying, planning, and implementing processes to maximize organization efficiency and increase the adoption and awareness of our products.
- Create a communications strategy to help the rest of the organization understand the direction of Cockroach Labs product development and the success we are having in the market. This means doing things like calendar analysis to determine if the Product department has the right touchpoints with the right teams, curating all-hands meeting topics, and recruiting speakers for Product town halls.
- Manage our process for centralizing what we've learned from our customers so product managers can de-risk the product development process and other organizations -- like Engineering, Marketing, and Education -- can coordinate their activities.
- Manage the executive-level reporting for Product, creating dashboards and presentations that will be used for board and executive meetings.
- Work across Cockroach Labs leadership on strategic initiatives as they arise. Example projects include creating a strategy to drive adoption for pre-release products, designing and implementing a process to integrate Product-sourced leads with Salesforce, and partnering with Engineering to move our Product-development process to Jira.
- Manage and report on the Product content calendar, ensuring that we are producing technical content that excites developers while sharing best practices across the team to maximize awareness.
In your first 30 days, you will get up to speed on Cockroach Labs and its culture, building the relationships you need to develop cross-organization influence. You will start to understand the core product development goals and processes we have in place, as well as the context behind them. You will learn how to use our BI platform to answer basic questions about awareness and adoption.
Within 90 days, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will own the major Product processes while working closely with the Chief Product Officer to develop hypotheses on areas where we can improve alignment and efficiency. Finally, you will participate in editing the board briefing document, helping to ensure that we have a complete picture of our contribution to the business and being transparent about the highs and the lows for the quarter.
- A STEM or business background with 3+ years experience working in an operations role.
- Comfort using quantitative and qualitative data to identify themes, prioritize issues, and communicate key takeaways to cross-functional teams to inform the direction of the product.
- A track record of leadership and broad organizational impact.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and are comfortable fostering collaboration with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that our product releases and major initiatives are successful.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
Reporting to Nate Stewart, Chief Product Officer
Nate is responsible for the overall product strategy and the activities required to guide Cockroach Labs to product-market-fit. As a former engineer, Nate has seen how the challenges of working with data in unreliable, distributed environments often hinder developers from building great things. Nate joined Cockroach Labs to help companies avoid that pain once and for all. Before joining Cockroach Labs, Nate led the Web and Mobile application teams at Percolate, a marketing SaaS company that was later acquired by Seismic. He also worked as a Cloud + Enterprise product manager at Microsoft during their transition to a cloud-first strategy. Nate has a BA in Computer Science from the University of Michigan and received his MBA from MIT, where he won the MIT $100k Business Plan Competition. When he’s not at work, Nate can be found spending time with his family, playing tennis, or reading a book from his Goodreads queue.
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].