Part Time Portal Admin/Content Curator/WriterPosted on January 7th
Hi, I’m Claire Hernandez, Sr Director of Customer Support at Puppet,
We’re building something new in support and I need someone who can make an impact and isn’t afraid to stretch the boundaries. We’re rolling out service for our open source users who are excited to see what we’ve built. Your work needs to pack a punch!
This role is part time, 8 - 10 hours a week, for 4 - 6 months. Must be based in the Portland Metro Area.
Meaningful work you’ll contribute:
- Evolve and maintain the Open Source Portal making it indispensable to the user.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of content and tooling which reinforces its value.
- Develop and nurture a network of people and a pool of resources used to create original content.
- Finesse when faced with ambiguity
- Mastered the art of asking good questions
- Solid writing skills and know-how to create original content
- Experience: 2+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience. AKA You’ve done this before!
- Used and have familiarity with Git/GitHub, Zendesk, Pandoc (converting text files)
Valuable skills you’ll bring to Puppet:
- Web design: HTML and CSS.
- Troubleshooting: CSS. WYSIWYG and HTML.
- Editing: You recognize and can correct poorly written content and images that don’t look right.
- Proficiency: Markdown, Google sheets, slides, docs, text editor.
- Reporting: Experience using Google Analytics and other tools to generate data, analyze usage patterns and suggest updates based on the results.
On the wish list:
- Git/GitHub, Zendesk, Pandoc (converting text files),
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.