Software EngineerPosted on October 5th
At least two of:
- GraphQL experience (on backend, frontend or both). Alternatively, solid API experience.
- mid-level/senior on FE (React or React Native)
- mid-level/senior on Django (python)
All of these:
- Self-sufficient (can get stuff done with Trello tasks, can make decisions)
- Good communicator. Makes deadlines and estimates, raises concerns.
- Passionate, self-driven learner waiting for the opportunity to build something new and cool.
So, how do we work?
Our work is extremely high quality and always on time. We’re so efficient at client work, our bottom line creates a budget for sizeable experiments. We’ve perfected the craft of building products so precisely that we can iterate on ideas until we find one that sticks. Then we scale, sell, or spin off those highly successful products.
Why You’ll Love Working at Uplift
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects while creating space for continuous learning.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
Join us in contributing to a better world. We donate a percentage of our profits each year to a charity or nonprofit of our choice. Choose with us!
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
In your application email, please include:
- Where are you based? E.g. Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- What can you build on your own from scratch? (Using available libraries of course) [multiple choice]
- An infrastructure that scales/meets latency demands and has an uptime of 99.99%+
- A React Native (or native, or hybrid) mobile app
- A backend web API/server (python preferred)
- A GraphQL schema with understanding of how it maps to SQL tables
- A responsive web application with basic design and testable React components
- A beautiful, responsive design in Sketch (or the like) with conversion to HTML and SCSS
- What’s your availability for a 30-minute call in the next 2 weeks? Please include at least 3 options.
- Resume/LinkedIn (URL):
- GitHub or other tech/code profile:
- Professional website:
- Portfolio: especially important for frontend or design
- Contact information
- Email address (required)
- Phone number (optional)
Please email [email protected] with attached code samples, screenshots, or other work of yours that you’re proud of. Where ownership is shared, please mention specifically which part of the work is yours.