UX DesignerPosted on February 18th
A Digital Future
The world is changing. Digital is a major cause and major catalyst. Digital solves big problems and creates big problems for humanity.
Digital has connected us together like never before. It's made our lives easier and safer. It's enabled us to achieve remarkable things. However, it will eventually take many of our jobs and with it, for many, our sense of purpose. Digital can be used to influence people in positive ways and manipulate them in negative ways. People will grow to love and grow to resent digital.
As experts in digital and human behaviour we are at centre of this change and feel a strong sense of responsibility to do something to influence our future in a positive way. We want to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
Digital was expected to bring equality, to be a leveller, but that's not been the case. In fact, it's created a winner-takes-all world.
We believe that future success will be exclusive to those who master human behaviour and digital. We call these two abilities superpowers and LAB wields them.
Our purpose is to give these superpowers to everyone.
What do we value?
You're here because you have these values in your heart. Values drive your behaviour and our collective behaviour is our culture. Culture is the key to our success.
- Humanity: We value humanity above all else.
- Courage: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.” - Henry Ford
- Resourcefulness: Humans got to the moon with the computing power of a digital watch.
- Reciprocity: To be truly successful we give first and are open to receiving.
- Growth: Personal development, growing our clients and growth of the agency.
What do we do?
We're an independent agency obsessed with human behaviour, creativity, technology and communication.
We have a secret sauce: we were the first agency to bring high-tech digital and a high-tech understanding of humans together. This gives LAB the ability to create high performance digital solutions that are elegant, purposeful and extremely effective.
LAB has a consultative approach to almost everything we do. We like to build a deep understanding of our clients and their challenges and use a variety of models and intellectual property to solve those problems.
Our mission is to use our understanding of human behaviour and digital, the modern day superpowers, to help brands succeed. We use our influence to lead our clients, suppliers, partners and network to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
You can find out more about us on our website: https://lab.co.uk/.
Success looks like…
Form a brilliant team of creatives who champion 'Elegant Communication' to imagine award-winning ideas, pen succinct, emotive messaging & create engaging user experiences.
A day in the life might look like…
- Receive brief on the creative tasks of the day/week from PMs, Account managers and Creative Director.
- Liaise closely with Creative Director to receive guidance on art direction and approach.
Work closely with PMs to update on progression and to ensure the specification is being implemented.
Use the persona work and art direction to produce elegant prototypes of engaging digital experiences
Your greatest achievements will be…
A fun, inspiring and happy culture.
An enviable team of creatives.
Your place in the agency and key relationships
Bring positivity and solutions to the table.
Report in to Creative Director.
Help and support colleagues.
Daily liaison with production team.
Quarterly company-wide management meetings.
Key skills and responsibilities:
Be confident to suggest innovative ideas to clients and team in order to solve a creative problem. Be happy to present these ideas with a clear rationale and research to support.
Design across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You will rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect champion of design and user experience.
- Advocate a user-centric approach and involve users throughout the design and development process to validate design assumptions.
Attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
Conceptualise, develop and design innovative interaction designs, navigation and prototypes
Develop task flows, functionality requirements, Information Architecture, UI best practice and industry/company native interface standards
Collaborate with Tech consultants, Neuro and development teams to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch
Clearly communicate User Experience principles and design decisions to stakeholders and project team members
Champion user-centred design and usability principles
Run and facilitate user research activities and present findings back to stakeholders and team members
Who you are:
- A solid designer with quality obsession for your craft and keen eye for detail.
- Have a compelling online portfolio demonstrating design expertise
- A strong communicator and storyteller. You have the communication skills to engage with the business, our users, and help the team align with the product vision.
- Have strong analysis skills to translate user requirements into prototypes and patterns
- Have experience in UI/UX prototyping tools (80% UX and 20% UI background)
- A desire to step outside of your comfort zone, learn new methods and get stuck in