Accounting ManagerPosted on October 17th
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
We are hiring an Accounting Manager to help us scale our finance and accounting operations. You have a proven track record of working collaboratively with different business teams, implementing scalable and efficient solutions to meet our business needs. You will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of operational accounting processes. The ideal candidate for this role has a positive hands-on attitude and will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to keep the business ahead of emerging accounting issues.
- Oversee the monthly and annual financial close, including account reconciliations, entering journal entries, and maintaining accurate records and files.
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting and will investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- A passion for detail and can operate in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience as a self-starter with outstanding analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- A positive attitude and self-motivated team player
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience, including public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. CPA a plus.
Reporting to Tom Hannon - Corporate Controller
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].