Creative DirectorPosted on April 7th
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Creative Director to join our growing marketing team. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and oversee the branding and design for Cockroach Labs. You are a leader who inspires those around you to create and execute strategic, impactful and memorable work.
- Be responsible for driving the creative direction of the brand - from conceptual development and leadership to delivery of visual design.
- Oversee agencies and freelancers and ensure that they are reflecting the company vision and brand.
- Oversee the entire creative process from conception to production for all marketing collateral, including pitch decks, investor decks, website, and more.
- Design printed and digital materials such as website, presentation decks and collateral, infographics, illustrations/graphics for blog posts and emails, email templates, display ads and landing pages.
- Effectively manage a constant pipeline of external and internal design and marketing requests.
In your first 30 days, you will assess Cockroach Labs' brand status and partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to chart a course for improvements and consistency across all collateral. You will also be introduced to your creative resources understanding their strengths and opportunities so you can support adequately.
The next 60 days will be full engagement going from assessment mode to implementation mode. Developing and executing new design assignments, producing the brand guidelines, and pushing the creative design to not only reflect the brand but also to become more impactful based on its channel of distribution.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the CMO and the marketing team.
- A diverse design experience in brand, web, and print, etc.
- A passion for branding, design, copy, and raising the creative bar.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, able to communicate with external teams and clients alike.
- Experience articulating thoughts clearly and concisely in all verbal and written communications.
- A love for problem-solving and working on a team.
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: user experience, information architecture, or creative design.
- A degree in Design or equivalent.
Reporting to Peter Guagenti - Chief Marketing Officer
Born and raised in New York, Peter has spent the last 20+ years in the Bay Area and has spent his entire adult life working in technology. He started as a founder of his own digital agency in the mid-90's, progressing to senior roles in consulting and agencies, before moving on to help build multiple successful open source enterprise software companies. He is passionate about building businesses, helping others create amazing things with technology, and having whatever positive impact he can on the world.
When he is not at work, you can usually find him out hiking with his two daughters, or traveling the world with his partner. He is also a car nut and avid racer and has competed in and won numerous road racing and rallying events across North America.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]