Principal Java Engineer (Backend)Posted on April 14th
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for an experienced backend focused Java Engineer to join an exciting team who is working on developing cutting edge new products leveraging Collibra’s world class Data Intelligence platform. You will be joining a growing team of talented Engineers with many opportunities to work on different technologies and projects. The team is distributed geographically, so being productive from a home office is important and also provides flexibility.
A day in the life of a Java Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Writing Java code to implement and extend microservices which are part of new applications on Collibra’s platform
- Performing code reviews for peers as part of the team
- Troubleshooting and optimizing code based upon feedback from customers and Product.
- 10+ years Java development experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to interact with other Engineering teams and Product Management
- Strong SQL and data processing skills
- Experience designing and implementing Microservices
- MDM experience
- Data Federation experience
- Query optimization experience
- Cloud experience
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Unlimited Vacation
- A monthly allowance for your mobile
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*