WordPress DeveloperPosted on May 8th
Expand knowledge, drop knowledge, build the Internet.
What You'll Do
You’ll be working on a mix of interesting projects for worthy client organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code. You know your way around the WordPress plugin ecosystem and can address architectural challenges from small nonprofit sites to enterprise builds with API integrations and marketing automation.
You’ll find yourself working with a project manager to turn client and user goals into reality, integrating different web services with bespoke client websites, leveraging your knowledge of the right combinations of plugins and themes to solve a WordPress puzzle, and empowering content editors to follow best practices.
This is a remote/telecommute contract, part-time position. No recruiters (seriously). Must work within EST-PST time zones.
- Experience working with teams in agile scrum and/or kanban methodologies
- Excellent communication skills. Not only do we like talking, you’ll also be (shock!) speaking with our wonderful clients.
- Adopt web standards and best practices. Write meaningful, semantic, HTML that responds across a number of different devices, and meets accessibility guidelines.
- Know which plugins to install and how to configure them properly
- Update and maintain multiple WordPress sites
- Build WordPress themes
- When functionality is not available through the existing ecosystem, can build Plugins to accomplish project needs
- Monitor and optimize WordPress site cache and performance
- Able to use and leverage WP Engine or Pantheon for WordPress hosting
- Comfortable with modern development practices and build tools
- WordPress migration experience
- Familiarity with component-driven design practices
You might also know about web analytics, user experience, information architecture, be able to write clear and concise documentation, because we all roll nimbly and value experimentation, collaboration and agile practices at Kalamuna. Knowledge of other frameworks like Drupal, Craft, React, or Gatsby a plus.
Working With Us
Kalamuna is committed to building practical solutions that empower organizations and individuals. You’ll be working simultaneously on a reasonable mix of interesting projects for mission-driven organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code in a team context leveraging agile methodologies.
We’re also committed to your excellence and continued development and will actively seek to intersect projects with your ambitions.
Kalamuna offers many benefits including health insurance, pre-tax commuter funds, a continued learning stipend, Simple IRA, a flexible PTO policy, and federal holidays. We also organize team building workshops and company-wide conference attendance.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be themselves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most.
Kalamuna makes the Internet for rabble-rousing organizations driven to tinker, critique, and change the way things are. We like to play with the existing state of affairs by testing strategies, coming up with new solutions, new paradigms, and new ways of doing things. It’s this restless, change-making mindset that gets anything worth doing done. We have it and our clients have it. And it’s what drives our work in design, strategy, user experience, and development. When we play, mission-driven organizations win.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias, and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.