Software Development EngineerPosted on September 16th
Join Amazon and enjoy Fridays off or shorter work days year-round. Amazon is piloting reduced-time teams, where we are building high-visibility, enterprise-wide solutions, all on a 30-hour work week schedule. These solutions are at the heart of workforce planning for one of the most innovative and fastest growing companies on Earth. All team members, including managers, are on the same reduced-time schedule, eliminating the challenges that can come from being part-time on a full-time team. As a reduced-time engineer, you’ll receive the same benefits as full-time employees, with compensation proportionate to working ¾ time.
Would you like to use your engineering background to improve the workplace around the world? Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians an effective way to share feedback and help shape the future of the company. By leveraging machine learning, our systems create a continuous feedback mechanism to raise the bar on leadership and introduce positive changes in the workplace. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As a Software Development Engineer in Connections you will be joining a talented and nimble team of engineers who are creating technology that changes the face of organization management. You will have technical ownership of the development of new critical parts of this system. You will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform with low operational overhead.
Our team culture encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. You will have the opportunity to engage your customers directly, collaborating on solutions and getting immediate feedback on what you have built. Successful candidates will be technically versatile SDE's who prioritize well, communicate clearly, elevate the efficiency of the team, and are capable of delivering high-quality software on time.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.