Data Part-Time MentorPosted on September 22nd
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Everyday we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the job of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
We’re looking for natural teachers who care about mentorship and uplifting others. As an instructor your main responsibility would be coaching and instructing Pathrise fellows who are interested in getting a job in various Data roles.
- Handling 1-on-1 and small group mentorship, technical interview prep (i.e. data structures/algorithms/web/mobile), and behavioral prep for 10-15~ fellows a month.
- Investing in students’ personal stories and advising them on their career trajectory
- Building up and improving on the curriculum and insights that we teach our fellows
- Helping fellows optimize everything from their resume to their negotiations
Who you are
- All the qualities of a first employee (Comfortable wearing many hats, willing to dig deep in tough times, ability to take vague requirements and optimize for impact)
- A strong communicator that can explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Loves mentorship and helping others succeed
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and works with a bias for action
- Have the potential to “scale” with the company and take lead as we grow
- Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ year of experience in data science, the tech industry or in a related field
- A passion for mentorship!
- Be available for 5-10 hours a week
- Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in industry as a Data Analyst or Scientist or in a related field
- Experience with software engineering and machine learning
- Experience with teaching, career advising, and mentorship in education
What's in it for you?
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the Data space
- Build relationships with awesome fellows and really make a difference to their careers and their lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work
- Be a part of a really fun and mission driven organization!
- growing employees: we value giving and receiving feedback (constructively) and we value continuous improvement. We want you to grow professionally and we include a professional development stipend to help you achieve that.
- diversity, equity and inclusion: we value people, opinions and thoughts from diverse backgrounds. Our culture is built upon the pillar of ‘DEI is not a separate initiative from Pathrise it is a part of Pathrise.’ We invite all to share their stories and we believe that it is through acceptance and curiosity that we can create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time. We thank you for your interest.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.