Technical SourcerPosted on October 21st
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We're looking for a Technical Sourcer to join our team. You will handle the first stage of our recruiting process, while look for ways to improve our recruiting workflow. You have a strong background in identifying talent for technology companies with an eye towards finding ways to improve the hiring process. Responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates, building talent pipelines for future hiring needs, and implementing projects to assist with increasing the quality of our inbound applicants. You will primarily identify talent through competitive intelligence and use your networking skills to help us fill our openings with qualified employees. You must be located in NYC or SF for this role.
- Implement programs that help increase the efficiency of recruiter workflow.
- Support the recruiting team by building a pipeline of top technical candidates through researching and sourcing for candidates.
- Lead sourcing strategy meetings to identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques and using our team’s networks through referrals.
- Monitor team metrics to identify areas for improvement, including the number of passive candidates who turn into applicants.
- Contact and engage candidates, promoting our employer brand by crafting and creating unique messaging.
- Develop creative attraction strategies including identification of new sourcing channels.
- Be the competitive intelligence expert, staying up to date with news in the tech startup space.
- Oversee some of the unseen with ad-hoc projects and other responsibilities.
During your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our hiring processes and needs. You will spend time meeting members on the team to understand our culture and build relationships. You will familiarize yourself with the recruiting workflow, priority roles, and establish metrics to understand conversion rates.
Over your next 30 days, you will work with recruiters to coordinate sourcing for high-priority roles with company-wide goals and objectives. This will ensure that you are building internal and external relationships to make an immediate impact.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new opportunities for Cockroach Labs to build our employer brand and reach new candidates. You'll create repeatable campaigns to increase our talent reach while looking at ways to improve our hiring process.
- 3-5 years of experience sourcing for a tech company, ideally a startup.
- Experience defining and working on sourcing strategies for technical talent (e.g., recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings).
- Worked with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Candidate Management Systems (CMSs).
- The ability to combine your understanding of the recruiting process with data to extract relevant insights.
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Effective time-management abilities and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to tell stories through data.
Reporting to David Delaney - Senior Manager of Recruiting
David has a passion for building early stage teams. Prior to Cockroach Labs, he was the first non-engineering hire at Vine, and then the first in-house recruiter at Yext. There he grew his team to 7 people and was responsible for recruiting across all departments outside of Revenue. After 5 years at Yext, which included a 2017 IPO, he caught the startup bug again and made the move over to Cockroach Labs. He's a huge proponent of our company’s core value of balance and most days he'll log off around 5pm to be with his family and cook dinner before his son's bedtime. Aside from family activities, he's been spending his free time during COVID on his Peloton bike and doing projects around the house in Connecticut his family moved into last year.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].