C# DeveloperPosted on November 19th
Applicants Only - No Recruiters
Why work with us?
PDQ.com was recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a small company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees. We are also hardcore nerds who can use PowerShell to solve world peace. Our customers are IT System Administrators and our software aims to make their lives easier.
What we want from you:
- Advanced knowledge of, and ability with, C# and WPF
- Experience creating rich and beautiful desktop applications
- Habitual unit testing practice with a tendency toward TDD
- Practical SQL and data model experience
- Good grasp of OOP and design patterns that avoid redundancy and promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code
The standard stuff you will also need:
- 4+ years experience progressive and relevant professional experience in C# / .Net
- Ability to communicate with other software developers, systems administrators, and IT staff. Yes, we expect you to collaborate with others.
- Ability to adapt and perform in stressful situations
- Willingness to work outside of regularly scheduled hours to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Must be a U.S.Citizen or Authorized to work/reside in the United States
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
- Sufficient knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
- Have a personality that includes at least 26% humor
- PowerShell experience (not required, but extra credit!)
What your day would look like at PDQ.com:
Come into work and get your favorite cup of joe or tea from our fully stocked pantry. Review your tasks in our current sprint (we use Scrum). Design, write, and implement product features in PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory (go here to download a trial version: https://www.pdq.com/try/). Squash bugs and write unit tests to push our quality even higher. Have catered lunch with the company from top local restaurants around SLC. Attend sprint planning and retrospectives to keep the work flowing and continuously improving. Work out in our in-office gym. Maybe make an appearance on our weekly webcast in our professional full production studio. Conduct code reviews and write some technical documentation (yes, our devs do have to write some). Program yet more amazing and cutting edge technologies that delight our customers and make their lives easier. Go home fulfilled and looking forward to the next day’s journey. Still not sure? Check out our video: https://youtu.be/TM3WcrYhum4
We will provide you (besides a paycheck):
- Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing.
- Powered ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up
- Catered lunches from the best local restaurants every day
- High-end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun
- Just about any mechanical keyboard you want
- Training tools like Pluralsight, Safari, and more
- Challenging and impactful work using:
- Visual Studio C# WPF, SQL Server, Azure, xUnit, Bitbucket, Jira, Zendesk
- Casual dress work environment
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- 160 hours of paid time off; 3 days of volunteer time off
- Access to an in-office gym
- Ability to work remotely on a case-by-case basis
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com
- 401K Matching
- And more (yup)
At PDQ.com, we own ownership, we embrace collaboration and tear down silos, we are honest even if it's embarrassing and we are always learning and improving. If PDQ.com sounds like a place where you’d like to work, then we welcome you to apply for this exceptional and infrequent opportunity to become a part of our exclusive team of rock stars.
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.